Thursday, December 9, 2010

In and Out

I had my Gastroscopy yesterday. It's the procedure I had mentioned in an earlier post. It's where a tube is inserted into the esophagus and looks for discrepencies in your stomach! It's awful, but as with most things...I had no choice! It went well. Dr. says I don't need to have the Banding procedure on my veins! This is very good! He took a biopsy of "something" down there as well but won't know results until later. Not too worried about that though. I do however, have Gastritis. It's just a fancy name for inflammation of the stomach lining. Now I can add a new medication to my repertoire...yay! I'm going to have to buy a XLJUMBO size pill container..hahaha...
I really don't know how many more meds I can handle...it's like having another meal at meal times. Super filling!

So, I have to stay away from spicy/acidic foods and drinks to help ease pain, which is sad because I was just starting to like a little spice...not to mention coffee!!

Until next time...xxoo

5 comments:

  1. So glad it went well, Robin. Not much fun, though, huh? Hopefully the gastritis gets cleared up quickly! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just crush up all your pills and put them in a giant bowl of ice cream and gobble it all down...or a giant bowl of marzipan icing, whatever that is, lol! Love u honey...glad it went well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robinder my dear, I didn't realize your appointment was last week! I'm glad it went well and I hope you are feeling better soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..lol..Melissa, babe, LOVE the ice cream idea!!! You Do realize I won't be able to fit through the front after a few weeks of doing this though..!!!!!! Love you all....thanks")for the much needed laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marzipan is very dreamy! It's an almond flavoured paste! Look for it in your chocolate aisle:))

    ReplyDelete