Saturday, October 16, 2010

Escape from Reality

Darren and I went to the Gun Range the other day to blow off some steam. I thought it would help to release all these pent up emotions flowing through my body. Feelings of anger, sadness and well...just being scared,really. Firing bullets as fast as I could and as much as I wanted at a green guy on a piece of paper was not what I expected! I wanted to stop and leave, how is this fun? I felt even more scared and a rush took over me- I felt all flushed and couldn't see because my eyes were drowning in my tears. It was a different kind of scared though....a kind that made me want to stand up to it and show it who's boss.

So, I did. I didn't leave. I stopped crying and faced my fear head on! We ended up closing the Range down and I walked away feeling proud. LOL..now this doesn't mean I 'm going to do it again anytime soon but if I can face this challenge head on then I can face all of this PSC hoopla....

Next time I want to blow off steam though I think I'll try sipping Pina Coladas on Maui's white sandy beaches!!

2 comments:

  1. I truly admire your strength. It is very humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, white sandy beaches!!! I shall come with you ok!

    ReplyDelete